An exciting opportunity to join the Malden Redevelopment Authority (MRA) to oversee the HOME Consortium and work with diverse communities that are experiencing exciting growth opportunities. The ideal candidate should have a background in overseeing federal grant programs. Comprehensive training and support will be provided to the successful candidate. Our office is centrally located with easy access to the Malden Center Station and only six miles from Boston.
The HOME Director will work at the MRA, the lead agency for the North Suburban Consortium (NSC), an eight municipality consortium that receives federal HOME funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The NSC uses HOME funds to invest in a range of affordable housing activities including rental and condo development and rehabilitation, homeowner rehabilitation, and first-time home buyer down payment and closing cost assistance. Its jurisdiction includes the communities of Malden, Revere, Chelsea, Everett, Medford, Melrose, Arlington and Winthrop.
The HOME Director will serve as the primary staff for HOME investment activities consortium-wide, and will be responsible for coordinating due diligence, loan underwriting and closing, portfolio maintenance, HUD planning and reporting, and all aspects of compliance with HOME regulations and other federal laws. The HOME Director will convene and run monthly NSC board meetings and is responsible for coordinating closely with municipal partners within the consortium, federal and state agencies, community development and housing development agencies, and regional and non-profit partners.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of and prior experience working with HOME regulations, as well as other applicable state and federal regulations, including fair housing laws and environmental review standards.
Experience managing state or federal loan and grant programs is desired. The candidate should have a broad understanding of affordable housing development and mortgage finance, including due diligence, pro forma analysis and loan underwriting, closing and portfolio maintenance. The candidate must have good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs. The successful candidate should be adept at problem solving and conflict resolution. Knowledge of principles and practices of procurement, contract administration and budget management strongly desired.
A bachelor’s or associate’s degree is required and a master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field is preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may substitute for the minimum qualifications.
Individuals with residential and/or commercial processing, underwriting and/or project management experience are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
- Provides overall administrative and direction for the HOME program including budget, and financial management.
- Develops and implements the NSC’s strategic goals and operational/budget objectives.
- Manages and chairs the Consortium and provides guidance/technical and administrative support assistance to members on planning, reporting and financial activities.
- Interfaces with elected and appointed officials of local government jurisdictions, non-profit and for profit organizations, financial institutions, and neighborhood groups to identify goals and objectives for meeting community housing and community development needs.
- Creates/updates policies and procedures for the federal grant programs.
- Ensures thorough monitoring of programs, ongoing review and compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains records of activities and provides performance and evaluation reports
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to Sherrill Hachey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Offenders Records Information Report (CORI) check and a pre-employment drug screening. The MRA is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. There will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, ability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.