The Callahan Park facelift is complete. Located at the corner of Pearl and Charles Streets, adjacent to Macdonald Stadium, the improvements included:
- A fully rehabilitated softball field.
- A new sodded playing field and skinned infield.
- New field fencing, dugouts and player benches and new perimiter fencing around the park.
- Reconstruction and expansion of the public parking lot doubling the number of off-street parking spaces available to field users, patrons of local business and the neighborhood.
- Improved parking lot lighting.
- Infrastructure for video surveillance cameras for improved policing and public safety.
- Miscellaneous landscape improvements including trees, shrubs and groundcover.
The Malden Redevelopment Authority administered this public improvement project on behalf of the City. The project was done by Green Acres Landscape & Construction Co., Inc.