CATEGORY: Full-Time Position
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This is responsible technical work of property inspection and related areas to administer the Rehabilitation/Lead Paint Abatement Program of the Malden Redevelopment Authority (MRA).
Work involves responsibility for inspecting buildings for structural safety and enforcing the standards established for rehabilitation and lead paint abatement, and the accepted practices related to alteration and repair of buildings.
Work is performed independently in the field and decisions made require considerable technical knowledge, discretion and judgment.
Work also involves responsibility for ascertaining and preparing preliminary finance date for finance department.
Work is reviewed through oral and written reports.
- Prepares written and oral reports on Code and Lead Paint inspections made and conditions found with recommendations for action as required.
- Supervises rehabilitation and lead paint abatement work performed by contractors doing work under loan programs administered by the MRA ensuring that the work is completed in accordance with contract specifications.
- Reviews and co-approves payments for residential and commercial rehabilitation under loan programs administered by the Authority.
- Provides community outreach to inform low-moderate income residents about the programs.
- Assists in maintenance of files related to rehabilitation as required.
- Makes decisions of workmanship and acceptability of work performed by contractor in conjunction with homeowner.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Chapter 2, Building Codes of Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of municipal building and zoning ordinances.
- Experience with lead paint abatement.
- Experience with cost estimating for residential and commercial properties.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Office) required.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, maps and lead paint reports.
- Three years minimum construction experience or equivalent.
- Preference to candidates with Commonwealth of Massachusetts Construction Supervisor’s License and Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Certification.
- Excellent benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. The Malden Redevelopment Authority is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. There will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran’s status.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 31, 2018 via email to: Sherrill Hachey, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
MRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer