Skip to main content

The Office of Strategic Planning and Community Development (formerly Malden Redevelopment Authority) is located at 215 Pleasant St., 3rd Floor.

How do I apply for a home improvement/rehab loan?

The MRA uses federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to provide low-interest home improvement loans to income-eligible property owners to correct code violations that include roofs, doors, windows, heating systems and more. Property taxes and assessments must be paid current and owner must be in good financial standing.  Financial assistance through this program will be in the form of a secured loan with a recorded mortgage.  See Rehab page for more information and an application or contact the MRA Healthy Homes/Rehab Office at 781-397-1940.